Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Blap!

and there went the power. Hmm they're digging up the road nearby <sigh> not exactly the first time this has happened. I have a wander to check on the other buildings, yep out too. Joke with some of the guys

"What are you going to do about this" they ask
"I'll see about fixing it" I reply with a big grin
"You know if we can't get this door down you're going to have to guard it until the power comes back on" one says "My wife's expecting me back"; heh there's an over-ride just a PITA to use.

I wander back and dig out eON's number and get a recorded message telling me that an overhead power cable's out affecting Crossway Green, Hartlebury and surrounding areas; fixing estimate - 7pm.

I put the phone down and all the power comes back on, another wander across
"Hey you've got some clout in that office ain't you"
"Told you I'd fix it"

Seeing as it's an overhead little worry that it'll blip off again, seems to be the underground's that they pull apart again just as you get back to work.

0 comments: