Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My Shiny New Car

Yes as previously related my nice new Hyundai i10 Comfort was ready for pick-up on Monday. My appointment was at 10am, but due to people actually being ready on time and packed I ended up there at 9am.

Okay this being me things didn't go as smoothly as possible. I really don't want to go into specifics, but let's just say I ended up driving back to Stourport from Worcester, on to Kidderminster, back to Stourport and then back to Worcester; before driving back home in my new car at around 12pm.

Reading the manual and the 'first 600 miles' - keep it between the 1 and 3 markers on the revs dial, check; don't stay at a constant speed, check rather easy to do around here; don't let it idle for more then 3 minutes, hmm okay I'll have to watch that. So a plea to local drivers - if you're stuck in a queue and the driver of the 58 reg Hyundai behind you appears to be revving their engine slightly; they aren't impatient, they have to ;-)

The next wonderful thing is the engine smell, apparently the manufacturer in their infinite wisdom puts some wax on the engine block which needs to be burned off. As far as I know this wax serves no other purpose then to make the engine look shiny - great.

As mentioned the boot definitely seems smaller then my previous one, but the test will come Friday when I pick up the delinquents I dropped off yesterday.

Anyway it's done the trip from Worcester and I've just done a quick run from Kidderminster and back; tomorrow or Thursday I'll give it a run up to Merry Hell and see how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait — they added something which reduces the function of the car to make it look pretty??

Cute!

FlipC said...

I'm still being cautious in it so I've only done about 80 miles and it still has an odour.