Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Flailing at ghosts - Tesco

Both Fran and Tavis have mentioned the apparent lack-lustre support for a Stop-Tesco campaign in Stourport. I have to ask what are we fighting against? With no outline planning permission we have no true picture of what's being planned. It's hard to even fight on the grounds of it being new as it's not, it's a move from the site on Lombard Street. If the store they have planned is comparable to the current one it's difficult even to make the case of increased traffic around that area. The key word being "if". I've previously posted a scan of the public presentation of the site, using my dark digital arts I've produced this and outlined the current Tesco, plus car-park, with my favourite colour.

Okay that's a tad larger then the current store. About four times the size at my estimate, and about twice the size of the Co-op (the box below the red outline) So how does it all compare to the one in Kidderminster? Take a look, just to prove I've not cheated with the zoom levels I've enabled the grid and added in the current Stourport store.

Maybe it's just me, but those last two look awfully similar. One quick rotate later and...

0 comments: