Thursday, May 06, 2010

The big vote

Yep it's the General Election today and I don't know what it's like where you are but here it's cold, grey, and miserable, which pretty much sums up the whole election process in my eyes.

Bumped my way along the potholed car-park and voted this morning, no I'm not telling you who for that's between me and MI5.

I found it interesting this morning to see the BBC's giant touch-screen map of the UK with all the constituencies marked out in appropriate colours blue, green, red, yellow and there just south-west of Birmingham a large incongruous splodge of purple.

Will it stay purple, will we retain our independence of the big parties or will we revert to the Conservative 'rule' that dominated this district when a certain firm also dominated the job sector? Will we fall out of favour with the big two and resent being passed over in favours for our independence and turn Liberal Democrat? Will we return to our brief flirtation with Labour before the hospital fiasco? Big shock will we look at the 'high' population of Polish in this area and turn to UKIP or the BNP?

We'll find out tomorrow as well as who is nominally in charge of us all.

2 comments:

Tav said...

I have adopted a great stress relief. I just pick out the (local) positives of each candidate and look forward to them coming to fruition, when they are elected. So with Neville Farmer [Liberal Democrat] I'm looking forward to Foley Park shuttle service, Mark Garnier [Conservative] I'm looking forward to businesses buzzing again along the Stourport Corridor (I'm actually excited about this), with Gordon Howells [BNP] it’s different and I care not to think about it; for Dr. Richard Taylor [ICHC] its him playing a major role in the Independent Network and the overall Party Independence movement; with Nigel Knowles [Labour] it is the Lea Castle Science Park; and, with Michael Wrench [UKIP] it's the trams! It’s a win-win-lose-win-win-win situation!

FlipC said...

And of course if we see none of these we can recall that MP and vote for another... in 5 years time; yay?