Tuesday, February 17, 2009

When did that come out?

A train of thought led me to confirm something on Wikipedia last might regarding Takin' over the Asylum . Fact confirmed something caught my eye "and also on the series BBC DVD" huh, what DVD?

A trip over to Amazon and lo and behold there it was - released in June 2008. You [beeps] you [beeping beeps] do you know how long I've waited for that to be released even on VHS? Not one single physical store I've been in that sells DVD's had this in stock; not one internet store had this in their listings prior to release. It's as if it appeared from nowhere.

So now I've got the complete Blake's Seven, Sapphire and Steel, Dark Season, Tripods, Ultraviolet, Red Dwarf, Spaced, and Neverwhere, as well as this winging its way to me. That's pretty much the best that British television has to offer barring the odd Doctor Who. Pretty much... to complete my collection I just need Angels; a one-off TV movie so obscure it doesn't even get its own page on Wikipedia; won't hold my breath.

0 comments: