Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We were all once learners

Driving last night around some minor corners with the street-lights failing to provide any illumination I noticed my speed was fluctuating due to the car in front of me slowing down and speeding up; I wondered if something was wrong and dropped back a little.

On a more major curve I discovered the 'problem' - the car in second place before me had two large L plates slapped on the back and a student? (it was dark and difficult to see at that angle) driver sign on the back. The driver in question was the one varying their speed and as such I assumed they were both new and unsure of driving in these conditions.

Now colour me crazy, but if you have someone in front of you driving like that (and for good reason) wouldn't you give them a little space, back off a bit; if not just for their own piece of mind, but for your own safety? Tell that to the car in front of me who was pretty much tailgating the poor soul all the way up the road and around corners and junction bends. V002 YFD you have been named and shamed.

0 comments: