Thursday, February 05, 2009

Taking a Snow day

Or to be precise taking an ice/slush day. The main roads haven't been treated, at least the main roads I need to traverse, and as such the snow has compacted down to slippery slush. I took a walk down to the main roads and it's fortunate I did a young women was wheel spinning in an attempt to get up Areley Common so I gave her a push. If it 's difficult to get up that mild gradient, and if the roads aren't cleared through town I'd hate to try and get up Bridge Street or heaven forfend down Gilgal that would be like a luge run. Apparently it's similar in Kidderminster too at least it was this morning.

Oh and there's a least one car given up and pulled over on the Dunley road on the first big bend up to The Rough. I also think it unlikely we'll be seeing refuse pick-up today.

Ah well at least that's a benefit of a good boss "It's like an ice-rink out there" I called "Stay at home, play games" came the reply. Will do.

[Update - Definitely glad I didn't go out now]

0 comments: