Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Things not to do in cars

I won't talk about the guy driving at 50mph with a mobile clamped to his ear, I'll ignore the woman eating an apple as she drove past at 30mph, nor will I mention the woman applying her makeup while moving slowly forward in a queue; nope I'll talk about kids.

Little bit of fun getting out of the drive due to a blockage, when it was gone I checked I could pull out and saw a car coming towards me so I waited. She slowed down, was she letting me out? Nope she then sped up again. As she passed me towards the bend I guessed why she'd altered her speed - she wasn't looking where she was going, she was leant over the passenger seat and looking at the back seats.

Pulling up to a junction she was now facing forward, nope around she turns again before pulling out. Now moving slowly in a minor queue a young girl stood up on the back seat and leant over the front passenger side, then sat down, then a young boy stood up in the front passenger seat and crawled over to the back seat.

Driving down High Street the car was now a few ahead of me and I could hear some kids shouting, nothing about until we all moved forward and the angle showed me that it was one of the kids from this car with the window down, head half out and having a shout.

P460 KAR, might want to teach them proper behaviour when in a vehicle

2 comments:

Orphi said...

Fact: Kids on the back seat cause accidents. And accidents on the back seat cause kids! :-D

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist…)

Also… how the hell do you remember the number plate??

FlipC said...

Groan

Coincidentally I've just seen Transporter 2 and his rules when picking up the kid Rule 1 "Respects a man's car, a man respects you" and Rule 3 "Seat belt". Then again this was a P reg, were rear seatbelts around; actually never mind as the kid in the front obviously took his off.

As for remembering plates I can't always, it depends on the time-gap and events in between. I keep meaning to carry a small pad around with me and jot them down when stationary.

Just watching what some people do while driving makes me wonder why I even want to be on the same road as them. Then again I could say the same thing about pedestrians and not just on roads.