Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Burnout Paradise take 2

A delightful waste of time over the Bank Holiday Weekend I managed to gain a few more achievements on Burnout Paradise for the Playstation 3; a surprising one being "Find all the Events around Paradise City". Yup I've only just gone through every set of traffic lights which should demonstrate just how damn big this place is; and I still don't have "Visit all the Car Parks in Paradise City" or "Visit the Airfield".

I was never that into the pure races, but I've been getting the hang of them now. Likewise I found the Burning Routes too annoying, they require you to be in a certain vehicle and that means either leaving the game or locating a junk yard to change and then trying to remember out of the 75 cars (of which I currently only have 25ish) which one I wanted. See you can't pull up the map while in the junk yard to see the events and the cars themselves provide no indication of whether you've already done the Burning Route with that vehicle.

As such I've only just picked up the "Complete 5 Burning Routes" simply down to trying to remember a Burning Route event and then getting to a junk yard without getting sidetracked by Private Property smashable barriers or cruising in circles wondering how to reach that Billboard up there. In the end I'd find a junk yard and then as I approached called up the map, checked the nearest event, cancelled the map and drove into the yard; only to discover that I didn't yet possess that particular car. Drive out, repeat.

I've also got the soundtrack switched to Random so I've only just really realised they had "Epic" by Faith No More which makes damn fine event music; shame I can't set it that way. See you get four options for each track - Play, Don't Play, Event, and Freeburn. Problem is Play is inclusive of both Event and Freeburn, so you can't say - play these tracks for Events these tracks for Freeburn and these tracks when I'm just cruising around; they need an extra option: Cruise.

So I could then set tracks to Cruise and they'll only play when I'm not in an Event, I can set tracks to Play so I'll get them at any time and I can set tracks to Event so I only get them during an Event.

Might pop over to the forums and suggest it if someone hasn't already.

0 comments: