Monday, July 05, 2010

Miss me?

For those wondering why it's been quiet on the blogging front I've had some time off work to sort out a load of things at home. On the plus side a lot of it was tidying up and sorting out paperwork that had built-up which meant staying indoors during this hot weather. For those going "Huh?" my complexion means venturing outdoors without being slathered in sun-tan lotion even for short periods means turning into a lobster.

On the minus side I was also planning of buying a new bed and mattress which would have meant driving around in a metal box and leaving said metal box standing for periods of time during this sunny spell; so I decided to forego that activity.

Sad as it is to relate as a result I spent a lot of time catching up on TV recordings - 11 episodes of FlashForward and 6 episodes of the Story of Science. So that's roughly 17 hours worth, gods that's pathetic :-)

However I didn't spend a lot of time of time on my PS3 mostly due to the heat it pumped out, when the instructions state a maximum operating temperature of 35 degrees and it's pushing 30 in the room alone I was reluctant to run it for any long periods of time.

Anyway I got most of the stuff I wanted to do out of the way, just wish I'd manage a lie-in having the windows open meant hearing the next-door neighbour getting ready for school every morning and the customary yells for the daughter to get her arse out of the house.

1 comments:

Tav said...

Yeah I missed you.

Welcome back.