Monday, January 18, 2010

Parking laws again

Dropped my mother off at the Co-op this morning as the kids are back at school I thought to go via Vale Road, turn left and down that way, except as I approached the end I saw the queue backing up and so switched to the left lane down Lickhill, Vernon, then Tan Lane where the school is. The number of parents trying to cross between parked cars - yeesh. Okay there are a lot of parked cars, but where are you walking from?

Anyway I turned into Tan lane and watched the cars stopped outside the school you know on those yellow zig-zag lines that say "School Keep Clear" between them. So I've just checked the Highway Code

Keep entrance clear of stationary vehicles, even if picking up or setting down children

I think that's pretty self explanatory. Of course those vigilant traffic wardens should pick up on that, except what with it being before 9am there's no sign of them about.

0 comments: