Friday, January 22, 2010

Misfits - Another thing they got right.

I've already mentioned the cleverness in the tie-in content for Misfits, but publishing my playlist reminds me of something else they did well.

For each episode you can get a brief synopsis as well as find out what piece of music was playing and it links directly to the Apple iTunes store so you can buy it. So that's why "Echos" by The Rapture which is the title sequence music and "Until We Bleed" by Kleerup the outro music when Simon collapses on the roof are now in my collection.

Two pieces of music I've bought that feature in a TV show when I'd normally expect never to discover what the hell they were because it wouldn't bother to tell me.

Give these people a raise.

1 comments:

Dan H said...

HMV has been getting it similarly right for years. I think this has been one of the secrets of their continued success when competitors have failed. When you go into HMV, whatever films or programmes were on TV last night is on display right at the front: the DVD, the soundtrack, etc. It's nice to see the programme-makers getting it right the same way.