Monday, December 22, 2008

Headset at last

Took a trip up to Merry Hell and finally found a Sony PS3 headset in Currys.digital; note not Currys, or PC World, or Comet, or Game, or Gamestation, or HMV, or Zaavi.

Another case of too much packaging as half the box was empty; nice thick manual but that was simply because it featured every living European language.

As it was Bluetooth I headed for the Accessories menu on my PS3 and, turning on the headset, scanned for it - no problem; except it didn't show up with the extras that were supposed to make it the headset for the Playstation.

So I read the manual and found that for that to happen you have to link it via the docking station's USB cable. So I deleted it and linked it up again and there it was showing me charge levels etc.

Onward to Home to give it a whirl and yet another update this time to 1.04. Everyone seems to be ignoring me - is it not working?

I wander around and find someone who looks like they're not busy and ask if they could give me some help for a second. They say yes - thank you jbinney08. They can't hear me, but adding them as a friend and 'phoning' them he can hear me through his headset - wierd. Ah well at least I know it works, but why does it not work in general?

I head to the forums to see if any one else is having the same difficulty and while there check on waht the 1.04 update does...

Additionally, as part of version 1.04, the voice chat feature within PlayStation Home will be temporarily suspended.
Oh just bloody typical that is. It'll be back with the 1.05 update supposedly today.

[Update - Nope they've re-enabled it for private areas only]

0 comments: